View Single Post
Old February 7 2013, 03:39 AM   #112
The Borgified Corpse
Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: More Star Wars films announced

A Han Solo might work but they would have to really, totally nail it with the casting.

I've never been a huge Boba Fett fanboy. A solo movie might demystify him too much. But I'll still go see it.

tighr wrote: View Post
My only question at the time was who was the actual Phantom? The secret Darth Sideous guy (who was obviously McDiarmid), or the secret Darth Maul guy who had five lines? Lucas did a shitty job of making that clear. (And now I remember the Yoda line at the end of the movie, so yeah. But still.)
From, "phantom":
2. an appearance or illusion without material substance, as a dream image, mirage, or optical illusion.
3. a person or thing of merely illusory power, status, efficacy, etc.: the phantom of fear.

I think perhaps the "Phantom Menace" was the Trade Federation and their invasion of Naboo. Senator Palpatine manufactured this threat to Naboo so that he could get himself elected Chancellor in place of Valorum.
Kegg: "You're a Trekkie. The capacity to quibble over the minutiae of space opera films is your birthright."
The Borgified Corpse is offline   Reply With Quote