View Single Post
Old February 7 2013, 03:33 AM   #12
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

Re: Combating Complacency

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post
If you're happy and content with where you are, enjoy it. Maybe in a few years time you'll feel a bit bored or get the sense that you want to move on, and then you'll be motivated to make another change. Don't worry yourself over the fact that you're not worrying, so to speak. You've hit a lazy stretch of the river, so lay back and enjoy it. The rapids will come again eventually; they always do.
I was enjoying it. Now I'm bored. I don't respond well to boredom.
Maybe give yourself a project? Not one that will make you feel like you're constrained by a schedule (so not one that will take away that sense of freedom that comes from having no major pressures), but one that allows you to feel that you have something to work toward. Myself, I've been on medical leave from work for the last month; it might be a few months more before I'm back. I started on the first draft of a novel not long ago - I try to do some every day, and it helps me feel like I'm doing something worthwhile while I wait to start work again. Have you considered doing something like that?