Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old February 6 2013, 10:42 PM   #114
Kenbushway
Captain

Re: Question

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
I was mostly just wondering if you had considered it. A response isn't really necessary, but the way you initially replied made it seem like you'd dismissed it.
No, please don't think I just dismissed it. I hadn't thought of it that way before you posted. I can honestly say that I didn't fully understand the first time I read it, but re-reading it after you asked me what I thought I began to see that my opinions were no different from any older generation watching the new coming into the world. I cannot take my personal experience and apply it to the majority, especially since I myself even stated that it wasn't the majority. It really did surprise me when I read the quote you put and it really surprised me to learn who wrote it and just how old it really was. I think its best (as someone stated in the thread) that I just concentrate on my own self and hold myself to my own definitions and not anyone else. Also its alright to have an opinion but I should be able to defend my opinion;, if I can't its not worth having.