View Single Post
Old February 6 2013, 06:56 PM   #10
Use of Time
Commodore

Re: NFL 2013 Off-Season Discussion

ThankQ wrote: View Post
If Dallas can gets its defense going, generate a few turnovers and hold opponents to fewer than 30 points, it should take a huge weight off Romo. He wouldn't walk into every game with the knowledge that he has to score 4 touchdowns just to HOPE to have a CHANCE going into the 4th. This would give him a chance to return to his 2009/2011 form.

It really all comes down to the offensive line. Can they get any kind of a running game going? In the passing game, Romo makes the line look better (imagine what that would mean if Drew Bledsoe had his anvil-feet planted back there) with his Houdini acts. If he could actually plant, scan and deliver without fear more often, it could come together for Dallas.
Yeah, I take a beating from fellow Cowboys fans about Romo. I'm willing to move on to another guy but I don't want to get rid of him unless he can be replaced with someone as good or better. I'm all for resigning him. In my opinion there are only a handful of QB's that could survive in Dallas with that line. That team literally lives and dies by Romo and you will rarely see some other player or coaches do anything to take some of the responsibility off his plate.

His receivers constantly run the wrong routes and he is throwing the ball 50 to 60 times a game. Nobody can win like that and I don't think people realize that the Cowboys overachieved a little this season to be in the spot they were in thanks to him. He's got this choke artist label but that is more of a media driven thing as he actually has been ok in the post season just not enough to win. He was actually pretty reliable in the 4th quarter this year with several game winning or tying drives.

If the defense can stay somewhat healthy then they can possibly contend but I still see something like an 8-8 or 9-7 finish if they don't fix the glaring issues.