View Single Post
Old February 6 2013, 06:45 PM   #400
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

Re: How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Aldo wrote: View Post
It was a pretty decent episode. Like others, I do think the show is starting to wear out it's welcome. But if they do get to the mother this season and have next season be about Ted getting to know (and eventually marrying) the mother, then I'll forgive it.
I'd love to see a How I Met Your Father, with her telling the story to the kids. And Barney is a regular, because he banged all her friends and collegues.
I think this idea already came up and i really like it.. it would be one of the more original way to spin off a show. It all depends on the writing and casting of course but early Mother was a blast when the writers had fun ideas and the cast didn't autocruise through their acting like they do now.

However one thing that i especially noticed in this episode is how old Neal Patrick Harris looks.. i mean the guy is pushing 40 but he somehow looks spent. He'd definitely look out of place in this spin off which would feature a cast of mostly mid 20s people.

tighr wrote: View Post
Mr Light wrote: View Post
Isn't Dave Coulier old enough to be Alanis' father???????

Sorry I'm still in shock on this one
Jagged Little Pill came out in 1995, when she was 21. Coulier is 15 years older than her, but such a May-December isn't unheard of.
Damn.. 1995.. has it been that long?

I'm really getting old...