View Single Post
Old February 6 2013, 04:51 PM   #86
Agent Richard07
Re: Movies Seen In 2013

21. After Sex (✩✩✩) - Download - A series of 10-minute segments where various couples talk after having just had sex. It features young couples and an old couple, straight couples and gay couples. Some of it is titilating, but it's mostly raw and real, or tries to be. I found it to be well done, but it's more talky than deep. One highlight though was seeing Zoe Saldana and Mila Kunis play one of the couples. Nice to see them together.

22. Sex and Breakfast (✩✩✩) - Download - Two 20-something couples decide to visit a group sex therapist in order to solve some of their relationship issues. Stars Macaulay Culkin and Eliza Dushku. Another independent film revolving around sex that ties to be raw and real but ends up a little too talky. But as with any movie involving sex, it'll get your attention and it's not boring even if it's not great.

23. Textuality (✩✩✩) - Download - My third sex movie in a row. I wanted to make it four, but I realized that I already saw Sexual Life last year. This was the best of the bunch. Two urban people find eachother as they juggle multiple sex partners. Stars Carly Pope and Jason Lewis. It's not a comedy, but it's not heavy either. I liked the characters as well as the handling of their exciting sex lives. Despite the title, the movie isn't about sexting, but text messaging does feature prominently in the movie.

24. I Am Number Four (✩✩) - DVD - An alien teen with powers is being protected on Earth as he's being chased by other bad aliens. This movie had some good ideas, including an incredible set-up, but it's not a good movie. It's obviously aimed at the Miley Cyrus/Zac Efron crowd with it's dealing with young love and high school. Two standouts though are Teresa Palmer's badass asskicking and Kevin Durand as the leading alien bad guy. The movie is based on the first book in a series of books and as such, could turn into a franchise, but there's no word on a sequel yet.

Theatre: 4
Blu-ray: 1
DVD: 6
Live TV: 9
Netflix: 0
Download: 4
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote