View Single Post
Old February 6 2013, 05:31 PM   #4
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Cumberbatch: Inspiration For Harrison

ChristopherPike wrote: View Post
Sounds exciting. I wonder if all this secrecy surrounding his identity will go the distance? If the writers have found the perfect way to keep that hidden until the film's release?

I can't say I believe it's Khan. Not without some bizarre transporter accident or bodyswap nonsense. Benedict's too unlikely a recasting for that an it would be so inconsistent with practically everything that made the last film a success - i.e. actors who weren't much of a stretch from those who originated the characters. Zachary Quinto being brought in as Spock, more or less sprang from fans observing his likeness as not being unlike a young Leonard Nimoy. Then there's Karl Urban nailing DeForest's McCoy... so let's just say, I find it very unlikely without some unusual [insert biotech here] reasoning.
I think Cumberbatch is playing a Eugenics War survivor who joined Starfleet under an assumed identity so he had the resources to track down the Botany Bay. I think Carol Marcus and the Peter Weller character are in on it.