View Single Post
Old February 6 2013, 08:04 AM   #3156
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Jim Gamma wrote: View Post
intrinsical wrote: View Post
Jim Gamma wrote: View Post
Just reached T5 in Romulan reputation - hurrah! (I'm a little slower than most because I don't get time to play every day.)

Then I looked at the T5 Purple Romulan and Reman space sets... 750 marks per PIECE?! Bloody hell, that'd take me months to grind...

Oh well - I have my Romulan experimental set, Jem'Hadar set and Vesta set equipped. This lot sure packs a punch - never have I blasted through stuff so fast in a science ship...
Just a quick tip, the fastest way to earn romulan marks is to evolve and sell elder eppohs. Each is worth 400 marks and all it requires is spending 5 minutes everyday for 9-10 days.
OK, so I just tried the tagging mission for the first time. I can get nine Eppohs tagged in ninety seconds (at a stretch), giving me one tag per day. This means I need 4 days to get 1 research, 5 research per pup, so we're already looking at 20 days. Then four days to rise through the ranks, but while I'm doing that I can start on the next one.

Four hundred marks every 20 days... and that's assuming I have time to play every day...

Nope, I think I'll stick to my 60-mark-a-day Nequencia run.
Really, 9 days is the longest it should take to get and elder eppoh. If you get crits on eppoh research, it can take as quick as 4 days to get an elder eppoh.

As mentioned by Timelord, always tag eppohs in a group of 3 or more. That way, you'll always be able to tag 40 eppohs and get 4 eppoh tags every day, allowing you to get enough research for a baby eppoh in just 5 days instead of 20 days.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things donít always spoil the good things and make them unimportant."