P.S. I Love You - DVD
The Lake House - DVD
Alonzo Bodden: Who's Paying Attention? - Netflix Instant
Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007 - Netflix Instant
Side by Side - free admission
Pennies from Heaven - free admission
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid - DVD
The Lonely Guy - DVD

Picked up a double feature DVD with two romantic dramas that involved letters. P.S. I Love You has a young widow gettin' letters from her dead husband in an elaborate plan to help her get over his death. While The Lake House has a magic mail box that has two people swappin' notes back and forth across two years.

The first was the better of the two movies.

TLH was alright, 'til I realized that 2004 was a leap year, so the days wouldn't match up anymore.

Watched an Alonzo Bodden comedy special on Netflix. It was pretty funny.

Followed that up with the 007 documentary that looks at the fifty year franchise.

Went to see the Keanu Reeves' produced documentary Side by Side, which takes a look at how movies are made with film, and the development of digital cameras and how they will most likely replace film. I thought it was pretty informative, and the irony bein' that the thing was filmed digitally and shown in a theater via blu ray.

And then there were three Steve Martin movies in a row.

Pennies from Heaven has to be the most bizarre musical I've ever seen, in that no one actually sang in the damn movie. Though I did enjoy Christopher Walken's tap dance routine.

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid was an interestin' idea...filmed in black & white, with film noir clips mixed in with new performances.

And then the 50th "new to me" movie of the year, The Lonely Guy. It was a bit too depressin' to be a comedy, but not serious enough to be a drama.