View Single Post
Old February 6 2013, 03:54 AM   #69
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

Location: The North Pole of the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View SantaEddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Wars II and III 3D releases cancelled

I have a friend and his wife who were disappointed that the two other prequels' 3-D releases were canned because they have two kids who never got to see either one in the theaters when they were brand new, but as far as I'm concerned I'm not terribly concerned one way or the other.

I went to see Episode I in 3-D and enjoyed it but the remastered film's somewhat disappointing box office and all the reams and warehouses full of tie-in toys and merchandise that languished unsold throughout 2012 told me that Fox and Lucasfilm might possibly delay the other prequels or even change their minds. I liked TPM in 3-D but at the end of the day it was still the same movie, just with a somewhat overhyped visual twist that required paying considerably more to see it in 2012 than you did back in 1999.

I have to say I'm a lot more miffed that we're probably not going to see the Original Trilogy in 3-D and those were the films in the Saga I was stoked at seeing in a remastered format, but at the end of the day those are movies I've seen umpteen million times since I was a very small kid....there wouldn't have been anything new in them.

"Don't forget to have a Patrick Swayze Christmas!"
SantaEddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote