View Single Post
Old February 6 2013, 02:05 AM   #82
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
boobatuba wrote: View Post
Where's his evidence? As noted, she's received multiple awards and countless accolades for her work. It doesn't seem like she needs to rely on her physical attributes at all.

That's why I find such a comment sexist.
The evidence is linked above. However, I was overly flippant in saying her cleavage only got her so far. I did not mean it was the reason for her success. Rather, it was calculatedly eye-catching, especially in contrast with the persona she otherwise tried to project, and frankly, it was responsible for my watching that show a few times more than I might have otherwise.
So think me sexist if you must. I am quite satisfied that I am not.
Sorry, but you can see that much cleavage on any number of women in numerous social environments any day of the week. It's hardly "calculating".
She tasks him. She tasks him and he shall have her. He'll chase her round the Moons of Nibia, and round the Antares Maelstrom, and round Perdition's flames before he gives her up! Prepare to alter blouse!
-=- My Patron Saint is Twilight Sparkle -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote