View Single Post
Old February 6 2013, 12:54 AM   #10
Rear Admiral
View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: Super Bowl Entertainment - Halftime, National Anthem, Commercials,

I thought Beyonce's show was okay. The songs of hers I know, she pretty much didn't perform, although "Bootylicious" and "Crazy In Love' are guilty pleasures. I love the little dance they do in "Crazy" when Beyonce and her dancers turn their butts to the camera and shake their "moneymakers". Beyonce actually does have a great voice, not just good, but great.

I thought Alicia's rendition of the national anthem was a bit off. She is a good singer - actually MUCH better songwriter - but doesn't have Jennifer or Beyonce's pipes. It just wasn't overwhelming. I missed the Sandy Hook choir and caught only the very end of Jennifer Hudson's "America". The girl can holla.

I kind of liked the commercial with the kid going to the prom, and instead of getting the girl, he gets self respect. The rest didn't grab me at all. I give the Go Daddy one props for presenting something eyecatching with very little overkill. But, as someone said earlier, I could have done without the sound effects. It was your quintessential "trainwreck". Props also to Bar Rafaeli for being a good (and well paid, I'm sure) sport.
Duckman: I'll never forget the last thing my father said to me...
Cornfed: "Careful son, I don't think the safety's on"?
Duckman: BEFORE THAT!!!
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote