View Single Post
Old February 5 2013, 11:16 PM   #166
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: I hope for more traditional space battles

Garrovick wrote: View Post
You know, when I made my previous post about how I wished ST might, just might, for one movie, just for a change of pace, get back to more like a TVH-style of film, I did it in full awareness of what the trends are in Hollywood these days (incidentally, I did go see Lincoln, and I thought it was great). And I'm not saying I completely dislike that style of moviemaking. It's not that I didn't like the ST09 space battles, they were quite spectacular. It's just that the post got me thinking about all the death and destruction in that movie, and I guess I just got a bit nostalgic for a time when Star Trek on film was about more than explosions and death. Sorry.
My comment was never intended as a rebuke.

These threads always turn into where Trek's been, where its currently at and where its going. My post was just expressing where I think those films fit in the current state of movies. It wasn't about the quality of the film or whether or not I think a film like TVH should be made now.