View Single Post
Old February 5 2013, 10:52 PM   #97
hbquikcomjamesl
Commander

Re: TOS: Allegiance in Exile by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Not far enough along to actually put a rating to it, but I do have a couple of observations:

First,

Second, what's with all the info-dumps, telling us about characters that are already familiar to anybody who'd buy the book in the first place? They read like some of the passages in Mission to Horatius.

That doesn't mean I'm not going to keep reading. Even if I hadn't seen the first ("unexpected continuity") spoiler in this thread, I'd still have plenty of reason to do so. And I'm hoping I'll soon find out why the new A&A officer

But then again, I also managed to plow through Paul Gillebaard's Moon Hoax, hoping that the author would eventually reveal some plausible motive for why the Chinese would go to the enormous expense and risk of a covert far-side moon landing, and the installation of an automated weaponized industrial laser programmed to shoot down anything entering lunar orbit, just to discredit the United States. (He didn't. And along the way, he managed to produce an absolutely stunning example of how not to write and market a novel.)
hbquikcomjamesl is offline   Reply With Quote