View Single Post
Old February 5 2013, 09:46 PM   #152
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: I hope for more traditional space battles

Nagisa Furukawa wrote: View Post
DalekJim wrote: View Post
Well, I'd say Deep Space 9 did everything better than Star Trek 2009, what with it being the best Star Trek series. And I'd be far from alone .
Holla!
In the other we have... Nero.

I'd say your five least favorite things are:

5. Lawrence Miles
4. Yourself
3. RTD
2. Generations
1. Nero
I'd say your five least favorite things are:

5. Lawrence Miles
4. Yourself
3. RTD
2. Generations
1. Nero
Lawrence Miles wrote at least 3 good Doctor Who books so I wouldn't lump him in there. Replace him with George Takei. I fucking hate George Takei.
Oh my!

DS9 is a quality series. Going through it for the first time and it's a show that definitely holds up. Although it may not be The Wire or Breaking Bad in terms of having an arc and an ongoing story, or even Babylon 5, but it does have a couple of them, and some good ones at that, and allow me to sit through it on a marathon in a way I could never do with Voyager, where it's just standalone after standalone.
anh165 wrote: View Post
Basically you have no rational reasoning behind defending bland battle scenes over what works in today's audience, other than your mid 1990's TV sentimental bias.
LMAO, I'm watching DS9 for the first time in 2013, started on New Year's Day. No bias to it, dude.
LMAO, I'm watching DS9 for the first time in 2013, started on New Year's Day. No bias to it, dude.
You give me hope for humanity.
I'm so sorry about how low your standards have gotten.
None of this is on topic - most of it amounts to little more than you tagging around after DalekJim, cheerleading. If there had been more substance to your posts, you might have been warned for trolling instead, but as it is...

Warning for spamming; comments to PM.