View Single Post
Old February 5 2013, 07:15 PM   #31
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Re: Maybe the Villian Was Originally Khan?

Jackson_Roykirk wrote: View Post
Anji wrote: View Post
TWOK is done. I'm not paying to see it remade.

So is JJ going to treat these franchises like leftovers: just kinda put it all in a cassarole dish, pop it in the oven and then tell us in the family it's something new and exciting he just whipped up? (I'm a mom, I know how this goes.)

And if he does this kinda stuff to Star Trek, I can just imagine what he's going to do to Star Wars.
I would argue that TWoK is barely about the Genetically Engineered Superman we saw in Space Seed. If it wasn't for the fact that Montalban reprised his original Space Seed role (at least in character name) and a couple of references back to some details of Space Seed, it would have been very difficult to determine that the plot of TWoK was any kind of Space Seed sequel at all.

TWoK had almost nothing at all do do with the "Genetically Engineered Supermen who would rule the world" plot. It was simply about what happens after one of those Supermen goes mad with revenge.

I loved TWoK for what it was -- it was a great film. However, I would love to see a REAL Space Seed sequel featuring one or more of the Botany Bay's genetically engineered super-humans in the 23rd century Federation (I mean a cool and calculating one with all his wits about them -- not one who's gone mad). I'm not saying this film will be that -- although it might. And if it were, it would NOT be a TWoK rehash; it would be a true sequel to Space Seed.
They made such an attempt in Enterprise with the "Augments". It was kind of "eh", IMO...