View Single Post
Old February 5 2013, 06:39 PM   #216
Redfern
Commodore

Re: The Art of Star Trek: Reanimated - The Sequel

Say, Ptrope (and anyone else who uses Poser), XCalpro uploaded my prop (.pp2) version of his Gorn head geometry to his general download section.

The other day I was able to successfully "decimate" his original 60,000 polygon sculpture to a bit more resource friendly 15K, one quarter of its original poly count. Since he has placed his modeling and rigging project on hold, he's willing to distribute this "compact" version to the general public.

It can be found here.

http://xcalpro.com/tng/download.php?view.134

Keep in mind it needs to be "parented" to a host figure and a tube or torus prop is recommended to hide the nasty gap at the bottom of the Gorn's neck. After all, that's how they did it in the show itself.

BTW, this prop is not DAZ friendly. It makes use of Poser 5+ specific Material Room procedural nodes to create the leathery skin and the segmented eyes. the external .OBJ should be usable, hopefully.

If any intrepid DAZ user concocts any equivalent material settings, let XCalpro know. He has a developing section of DAZ specific downloads and I think he'll appreciate a version that D|S can use.

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote