Thread: Kai Winn
View Single Post
Old February 5 2013, 10:45 AM   #9
Loskene
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Kai Winn

One of my favorite episodes has a villain like her. Admiral Satie and her hearings. What Picard says about her fits Winn perfectly.

-
"We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. And then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"I believed her. I-I HELPED her! I did not see what she was."
"Mr. Worf, villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged."
"I think, after yesterday, people will not be so ready to trust her."
"Maybe. But she or someone like her will always be with us, waiting for the right climate in which to flourish--spreading fear in the name of righteousness. Vigilance, Mr. Worf. That is the price we have to continually pay."
-

We got to see behind the scenes, understand what the main cast suspects and saw of her but couldn't prove how evil she really was. From the point of view of the average Bajoran she is just a former labor camp victim beaten for teaching the word of their gods, led the country but gallantly stood down to continue her work teaching the prophets, united Cardassia and Bajor with a historic treaty putting aside old hatreds and working to the good of all Bajor.Such a brilliant character.
Loskene is offline   Reply With Quote