View Single Post
Old February 5 2013, 12:21 AM   #114
Location: Manchester, UK
Re: Expecting Trailer?/Super Bowl Trailer is Live Now [SPOILERS]

Franklin wrote: View Post
Flake wrote: View Post
A 700m starship colliding with Earth could cause planet wide devastation. We can only hope they are able to soften the landing

Its *so* easy to destroy life on a planet that stuff like the death star is not necessary. Simply accelerate a small object to sufficient speed at a planet and its good bye planet. Thanks e=mc2 ! All Federation planets should have a planetary shield to absorb such things.

Also I would not like to be anywhere near a crashed starship if the anti-matter containment field dies.
This is correct. It's also not what 98.5% of those watching the movie will be thinking. But it is absolutely correct and raises an interesting in-universe question about the efficacy of having these starships fly around in atmospheres (and under oceans) in the first place. Still, we are the 1.5%. The other 98.5% get awed by a kewl crash. The rest of us wonder about anti-matter containment fields.
Yup. I am aware that the laws of physics must be ignored for the sake of kewl 'splosions

I wonder what the Enterprise would do if it just stayed at full impulse on a collision course with a planet? I reckon the planet would be obliterated. Impulse is pretty darn fast :P As for warping into a planet well I reckon it would just make an enterprise shaped hole all the way thru
Flake is offline   Reply With Quote