View Single Post
Old February 4 2013, 07:57 PM   #56
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Is the Playstation 4 About to be announced??

AlphaMan wrote: View Post
Kelthaz wrote: View Post
You know, despite the success of the PS1 and PS2, I don't think Sony has any idea what they're doing. They only succeeded with the PS1 because Nintendo shot themselves in the foot going with cartridges on the N64 and Sega fired a BFG 9000 at themselves. And with the PS2 they had no competition. I think Sony just got damn lucky and doesn't know how to compete with equals. Think Rocky VI. I'm expecting Microsoft to win the upcoming generation.
I think that you will see very little change in who adopts what next generation console. Xbox Live and Playstation Network tracks purchases, achievements and game history. Not to mention, your online friends. Unless you're already on both, these things make it less likely for someone to switch.

So what you say about Microsoft winning next gen may very well be true, but its not like Microsoft's success with Xbox 360 was because they were so awesome. They benefitted mostly from mistakes made by Sony and they only managed to dominate US marketshare while Sony still dominates the rest of the world.

If I were to bet, I'd say Steam has a good chance to win this gen for reasons I've already stated.
No Sony does not dominate the rest of the world, it dominates in some areas of the world.

In the UK the Xbox 360 is the best selling console with some 29% of the market whilst the PS3 has around 23% of the market.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/console-sal...7.html#wSNi7eo

Europe as a whole may favour the PS3, but Europe is made up of dozens of countries, and is some of those the Xbox will be favoured.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote