View Single Post
Old February 4 2013, 06:13 PM   #993
Mod of balance
Re: NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

I've watched that play to Crabtree more and more today... and interference could definitely been called. The reason I don't get too wound up about it is because it looked like Crabtree was pushing off a bit on Smith's helmet. Plus, the refs seemed to really let the defensive players have as much play as the receivers all game long. Then again, I can understand here it's for the championship title.

To me the worse non-call was why the refs never called a single penalty for holding on that punt-safety. Jim H had no problem with the play itself, saying "you're coached to do that", and it makes sense. But a penalty while still getting a safety, stops the clock sooner, enough time that the Niners might - and I emphasize "might" - have given them time for a run back and one kick to tie it up.

Truth be told, I was surprised the Niners kept passing there on that stand. The running game had been going strong especially up the middle. I can see one, maybe two passing plays but four?

Eh.... it's all over and the Ravens earned it. Wasn't the cleanest game, but it wasn't the worst, either.
"The greatest tales are always over far too soon, for those who appreciate them." -
- Jef Murray -