Old February 4 2013, 05:21 PM   #80
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Re: Movies Seen In 2013

1) This Is 40 - C+
2) Easy A - A-
3) The Bounty Hunter - B+

4) Crazy, Stupid, Love. - B-

How long can Steve Carrell play the dopey ne'er-do-well? I for one am tired of it.

This was again, saved by Emma Stone, who is quickly becoming my favorite current actress. She shines in any role they give her, though I would like to see her play dramatic and not have the opportunity for a one liner and see how she does.

It's a great date or afternoon in movie with the girlfriend (the latter was true for me), but really doesn't offer more than that.

5) What To Expect When You're Expecting - B+

The second half of my Sunday afternoon movie date, this one is a step up in the romantic date comedy movie category. The best parts of the movie were Anna Kendrick and Chace Crawford as the couple that loses their baby and has to push through that. The only part of this movie that I felt was real and not sunshine and lollipops. Who couldn't dislike Dennis Quaid as the ex-race car driver and Brooklyn Decker as his forty years younger wife?

This movie did have it's down moments, pretty much any scene with Cameron Diaz and Matthew Morrison at all and Jennifer Lopez was cringe-worthy the entire movie. Am I the only gone getting sick of these huge movies with plenty of stars that are multiple stories that never intermingle?