View Single Post
Old February 4 2013, 05:10 PM   #15
Franklin
Rear Admiral

Re: I hope for more traditional space battles

Saul wrote: View Post
You kids and your new tv shows and movies with the whizzing exploding stuff every 5 seconds. In my day we didn't have CGI. We had strings. STRINGS! But you know what, we also had something called drama and character development and longer Attention spans. Now it's all explody this and ships crashing into planets. You need to have your ipoohs taken off you and be locked in a room with a tv for 1 hour. I bet you couldn't take it! In 5 minutes you's be beggin to pause it and check your e-mails.

Edit: Sorry I should say "check your twits" I forgot e-mail is already outdated. Having to read more than 2 sentences must be draining for you guys.
And kids, multitasking is not a good thing. Pick one task, concentrate on it, do it well, then move on. In my day, multitasking was called, "being distracted." [Sorry, piling on, there.]

The space battle in TWOK was the best space battle in Trek, in my opinion. Those were models with 1980s technology, and the FX still hold up pretty well, today. When the Enterprise rises behind the Reliant, the hair stands up on the back of my neck.