View Single Post
Old February 4 2013, 04:00 AM   #512
Christopher
Writer

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

billcosby wrote: View Post
But to see Sidious instead of Palpatine for a change of pace was incredible! Has he been seen in The Clone Wars in any episodes prior? I can't recall, but certainly not with his lightsaber.
Pretty sure we've seen him in Sidious mode on several occasions, but usually giving orders to underlings; I don't recall if we've seen him fight before.

About the ongoing discussion of Ahsoka's fate (as well as Maul's) it makes me wonder if The Clone Wars production team have had any knowledge of the upcoming Star Wars prequel trilogy during this season, last season, even earlier? Would it be much of a stretch to see Ahsoka in episode 7 and beyond?
You mean sequel trilogy, right?

Ian Abercrombie, the voice of Palpatine/Sidious, died about a year and a week ago, so these scripts would've been written and recorded before then. It's not clear how long ago the outline for the sequels was settled on.

She'd be old, sure, but maybe her race doesn't age quickly.
Wookieepedia says a Togruta's average lifespan is about 94 standard years. Ahsoka was born c. 36 BBY, so she would've been around 40 at the time of Return of the Jedi. If the new movies bring back any of the original actors, then we might expect them to be set about 30-odd years after ROTJ to reflect the actors' real-life aging, so that would put Ahsoka in her 70s. That's about 75-80% of her people's average life expectancy, so if we assume a standard of living comparable to the United States, that would correspond to around 60 for a human -- not really that old at all.

The conversation between Obi Wan and Maul was excellent as well. They never traded words in TPM, did they?
I don't think Maul ever spoke in the movie.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote