View Single Post
Old February 4 2013, 03:59 AM   #33
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Build-Up to The Office Finale

shivkala wrote: View Post
the G-man wrote: View Post
J.T.B. wrote: View Post
And what exactly does Jim's business do, anyway?
Same thing as the businesses that employed Chandler Bing and Ward Cleaver
With their investor dropping out, I wonder if it'll more reflect Entertainment 7wenty.

The Jim and Pam things is pretty weak. It seems a way to (slowly) phase Jim and Pam out of Dunder Mifflin. I would be surprised if Pam doesn't move to Philly by the end of the season. I'm still wondering why they haven't fired her. They revealed how terrible of a salesperson she is, she left with Michael to form the Michael Scott Paper Company, and when not selling (which seems more often than not), her sole responsibility seems to be to sign for pens...

This week's episode was really annoying with not-Roy defacing Pam's mural. I think it would have fit better if it was Roy. Maybe his marriage falls apart and he's working for Dunder Mifflin again, sees Pam's mural, blames her for the sad state of his life, and defaces the mural (which is something I see him doing).
It's possible that when Michael got them all rehired that their was a clause in the contract to make sure they couldn't be refired immediately or without good cause. Michael isn't very bright, but he must have been burnt enough in his life to see that coming which is why he should have been able to guarantee their safety for at least 5 years.

She's either outright unfireable or Pam has a multi million dollar golden parachute for a limited amount of time she would know about if she was the sort of person to read her own contract.

In third form (14 years old?) this girl was wandering about the class room asking all the boys mostly in ear shot of each other if they wanted to be her girlfriend. I heard a successive rally of noes from lads who were really wigged by the proposition until she asked the fat short geeky kid who jumped at the bait... Half a second later at the top of her lungs she screams "YOU'RE DUMPED!!!!!"

Same principle.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote