View Single Post
Old February 4 2013, 03:13 AM   #61
The Keeper
Commodore

Re: Expecting Trailer?/Super Bowl Trailer is Live Now [SPOILERS]

Franklin wrote: View Post
The Keeper wrote: View Post
GOOD GOD MAN! I peed a little.
Eh. As you get older, you get used to that.

The more I see, the more I'm certain this movie doesn't end well. Or even if if does, at least thematically, Cumberbatch leaves behind a mess that will take decades to clean up.
Again, agreed. It may not officially 'cliff-hang', (can you imaging the butthurt of that happening!) but repercussions will endure.

Jackson_Roykirk wrote: View Post
Jackson_Roykirk wrote: View Post
OK...

the whole Harrison/Kirk dialogue exchange of:

has me again considering the theory that some people have that Harrison was one of the "Supermen" on the Botany Bay.
Yeah, me too. I've hated the idea of a Khan rehash but, I gotta say, if this is a Khan rehash then it appears they spared no expense doing a story of Genetically Engineered Supermen capable of World Detonation on the scale it deserved.

The Ad just aired!
Yeah a Khan rehash -- but it wouldn't really be a "TWoK" rehash. TWoK never dealt with the the whole idea of Khan being a genetically engineered 'Superman' who was a world ruler. It only dealt with what happened after that Superman went mad.

Don't get me wrong -- I loved TWok, but it wasn't really a continuation of what I think was the most interesting aspect "Space Seed" -- and that was the idea that this sleeper ship was full of a race of genetically engineered superhumans. TWoK was basically a story of one of those superhumans going mad with rage, and being pratically unrecognizable shell of the Superman he once was.

I would love to see a story explore that more intersting aspect of Space Seed -- and that is idea of a genetically engineered superman loose in the Federation (I mean, one with all of his faculties, and can act on something other than just madness and revenge).
I know. When I say "Khan rehash" I mean 'anything to do with Khan'. You may be getting your wish.

Procutus wrote: View Post

The Ad just aired!
How did it look on TV?
As well as possible for our HDTV to present it, I suppose. It really flew by, not as much time to study the details as is possible with the internet version, which I've viewed multiple times now.

Little known hit crime drama series on FX: The Bridge. It's crazy good!
The Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote