View Single Post
Old February 4 2013, 02:35 AM   #508
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Christopher wrote: View Post
Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
I just can't think of anything that would be more reasonable to push Anakin over the edge. He is obviously very protective of his padawan and I can't imagine anything that would be as affecting.
Umm... don't you think the death of his wife would affect him even more?

I mean, we've already seen what pushed him over the edge. And we've seen that at the start of ROTS, he wasn't yet over the edge, just close to it. And we were clearly shown how the events of that film led to his ultimate fall. For all the prequel trilogy's problems, it did, I feel, satisfactorily explain and depict Anakin's descent. Frankly, I think giving him another great, tragic loss just before ROTS would be inconsistent with his canonical portrayal.
I actually don't think the prequels did a good job explaining Anakin's fall. Granted, we were shown how the events of the films led to his fall, though some of the decisions made didn't feel organic to me. It felt a bit herky jerky. That being said, I don't see how Ashoka's death would be inconsistent with his canonical portrayal, outside of Ashoka not being mentioned.

Even if she survives the series, the fact or problem that she isn't mentioned remains. We saw in Episode 2 how Anakin could rebound from a major dark side outburst so I don't see why the same couldn't be done here, with Anakin flipping out over Ashoka's death, but getting it together enough to be the guy he was at the start of ROTS. But even that guy was on the edge, questioning right or wrong, his moral compass skewed. Perhaps Ashoka's death is the thing that makes him more willing to off Dooku?
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote