View Single Post
Old February 3 2013, 08:59 PM   #23
Data Holmes
Admiral

Re: Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

Pingfah wrote: View Post
I just mean action shows in general, The Transporter particularly is very reminiscent of something like The A-Team or Knightrider, in that it is one story a week, where a tough guy on the fringes of society helps somebody out of trouble or faces some moral dilemma, and focussed primarily on action over character drama.

Banshee is very violent and sexually explicit, that's true, but it seems to be steering in a "gang of misfits pulls off jobs each week" direction, and is about a tough guy and his backup, who has to balance his inherently moral side with kicking some ass each week. They both remind me of 80s TV.

ETA: I don't think the main character in either show is morally challenged, they both seem to have strong ideas of what they consider moral, and stick to them.
Now all we need is a few good anthology series to go with Femme Fatales, like the old outer limits, tales from the crypt, perversions of science, and red shoe diaries.