View Single Post
Old February 3 2013, 07:08 PM   #14
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Re: Best Star Trek games ever: 25th Anniversary, Judgement Rites

Lance wrote: View Post
I've got fond memories of Klingon Honor Guard too, probably because it was the first Unreal engine game I ever played (it was years before I ever got around to actually playing Unreal itself!).
Ironically, Klingon Honor Guard was implemented as an Unreal mod; the game executable is exactly the same (they didn't make any customizations), it's "just" custom levels, models, and scripting. Unreal v2.20 broke older mods, but you can drop in a newer-than-KHG Unreal EXE (like v2.19) and it'll still run.

Lance wrote: View Post
Another one I remember vaguely is Starfleet Academy for the PC (not the console version). It was one of those games riding on the coat-tails of the multimedia boom in the wake of CD-ROMs, and while I appreciated its aims, I think a lot of the acting in the full motion video sequences was sub-par. Unfortunately.
On the other hand, I liked the solution it offered for how Kirk won the Kobayashi Maru better than ST11's version...

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote