View Single Post
Old February 3 2013, 11:36 AM   #450
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Venardhi wrote: View Post
Having McAvoy still playing Xavier past 40ish is going to be tough to buy, even with a shaved head. His babyface doesn't look a day over 30.
Some minor aged prosthetics around the eyes/nose etc would take care of that. Hollywood has been doing that for decades.
I'm very familiar with aging makeup, having done it a few times myself with both 2d and 3d techniques. In small doses it can be convincing on just about any face, but generally you're better off getting someone closer to their older version and aging them down to their younger version(assuming we're talking a decade or two) rather than getting someone young who you'll have to add a decade or two to. In addition, some faces simply don't take to it well because different faces age differently and bone structure is a major part of that. McAvoy, I suspect, would just look like McAvoy in makeup if you tried to add more than a decade to him, and probably show how little he looks like Patrick Stewart in the process.

Fassbender, however, should probably take to the makeup very well. He wears just enough of his age on his face that emphasizing and adding to it would be a cakewalk in comparison to McAvoy.

The rest of the cast would be a mixed bag. Pushing up the timeline to the point that half the cast needs to spend every morning in the makeup chair for a few hours seems just unnecessary in any case, considering the other half will be in there for their mutant looks already.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote