View Single Post
Old February 2 2013, 07:41 PM   #35
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: Is the Playstation 4 About to be announced??

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
RoJoHen wrote: View Post
CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
Likewise.

I don't know if I ever want one. There are maybe five games I'm really itching to play.

Unfortunately, aside from JRPGs and platformers, there really isn't anything I'd just assume play on a PC. And these days both of those are better served on hand-helds.
I'm not a huge gamer either. My PS3 mostly serves at my Blu-Ray player and Netflix machine, but it's nice to be able to play games if I feel like it.
I bought it at the right time that it wasn't much more than a blu-ray player (which I didn't have) to get a PS3 which is also a more compatible player than those early ones (even has 3D patched in). It's since been my Netflix player and I use it to watch .mp4/divx files I've downloaded/converted. And eventually I got around to enjoying some games on it.

No buyers remorse whatsoever with that purchase.
Indeed. I've had mine for about 5 years at this point, so it's one of the original fatty models. My DVD player broke, so I figured I might as well upgrade to Blu-Ray, and at the time standalone Blu-Ray players were still upwards of $300 and didn't yet have WiFi connections, so I figured I may as well get the PS3, which did way more things for exactly the same price.

But that's also why I'm nervous about the PS4. Blu-Ray was the feature that made me buy the PS3, and I already have it. Since Blu-Ray isn't going away any time soon, I'm not sure what PS4 could offer that would make it a "must have," aside from certain newer games that will only be released on that platform (which, for me, likely include the next Batman and Uncharted games).