View Single Post
Old February 2 2013, 12:08 PM   #295
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Firefly first-time/rewatch (NO SPOILERS, please)

Heart of Gold: Heart of Gold is my favorite episode. There are many reasons for this but the heart of those reasons is Nandi and everything she represents. Nandi being played by one of my personal cult actors, Melinda Clarke. I just adore Melinda, I have screencapped every nuance of her face during the whole of The O.C. and I am unashamed.

I'm not even going to razz out Whedon for his 14 year old boy mentality with this one because I love it so much.

Has anyone else looked at the Heart of Gold Brothel and thought.. Shiny! Because I bet that got said a lot on set.

Hilariously we see Jayne in a button up shirt this episode. Cuz.. whores.

And later we see him brushing his lady's hair.. Jayne is always full of surprises.

And of course we see lots of Melinda Clarke.. and everyone reading this post will see lots of Melinda Clarke too.

Because Melinda Clarke is beautiful and is the Chanel of sass..

I always cry when she dies

And I always laugh at this moment whey you see Rance carrying what is clearly a doll, and not a lifelike doll either.

And I always cheer when Petaline shows up looking like she ACTUALLY HAD A BABY, you know with a still fat stomach.

I do love Petaline

The first time I saw the "say hi to your daddy" scene I was gobsmacked

This is one of my favorite Firefly quotes:

INARA: I learned something from Nandi. Not just from what happened, but from her. The family she made, the strength of her love for them. That's what kept them together. When you live with that kind of strength you get tied to it, you can't break away. And you never want to.

And here's a cute gif from this ep

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote