View Single Post
Old February 1 2013, 08:57 AM   #48
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher
Re: Weird things we do in our sleep

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
Emher wrote: View Post
thestrangequark wrote: View Post
I talk in my sleep, walk in my sleep, and shop online in my sleep.
When you say talk, is it gibberish or coherent? I'm just asking since my cousin talks pretty damned coherently in his sleep. My mom was witness to a conversation his parents had while they both where sleeping, in which they both where convinced they where out tenting. and the rain was pouring in and they where looking for the bucket
I am coherent, according to the family, roommates, friends, and boyfriends who have seen it. I have conversations, but apparently it doesn't take too long before they realize that I'm asleep. It weirds me out!
I'm sure there have been studies, but I wonder why some people have it more then others?

When I first discovered my cousin talked in his sleep was when I was spending the night at his place and slept on a mattress on the floor, and he suddenly starts talking. It took me about a minute before I asked "Dude, are you asleep?" and failed to get a logical response.

My sister used to sleepwalk a whole lot as well. One time she tried walking over a table covered with lit candles! Took the combined strength of me and my parents to hold her back.