View Single Post
Old January 31 2013, 07:22 AM   #22
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Dallas - Season 2

FINALLY watched these episodes. (Sue me, it's been a long week.)

Mostly I'm enjoying the show. It's still suffering from what it occasionally suffered from last season, the whole modern day drama "let's check in with each other" scenes at the beginning (which could just as easily be serviced by a quick "Previously on..." recap) and otherwise some odd character behavior.

I find it really difficult to believe that Bobby would have just sat there and let Emma talk to Ann that way when they first met without demanding some kind of answer or explanation about why Emma would be so damn rude.

As for why they'd just "walk right up to her," remember these are the super wealthy Ewings. This is exactly the kind of thing Bobby and JR and everyone on the old show did, all the time. Even still, being so super wealthy and powerful, they probably have a much different perspective on things like that than the average viewer like you or I.

I loved seeing J.R. and Sue Ellen together, and his line to Frank "How's it feel bein' a poodle?" had me laughing out loud.

I was kind of hoping the reveal about (Pamela) Rebecca wouldn't have been so straightforward. I mentioned in the last thread my slight disappointment that Cliff was involved in all of it if only because by the end of the old series he and at least Bobby had been able to make amends with each other if only for for the sake of April and Christopher and the other people they mutually cared about. With J.R. out of the picture for (presumeably) most of the past 20 years, I just don't see why Cliff would have engineered a plan to ouster the Ewings like this, let alone his own nephew (and Pam's son) who he generally seemed to actually care about. Now, if it had been about going after John Ross, that'd be a different story.

All that said, I also said in the old thread I would love to see what would happen if Cliff's daughter and J.R.'s son got together, and it looks like we're going to find out!

The Harris Ryland thing with Emma really bugged me though. At the very least I hope we'll find out exactly what it is he's going to use to defend his actions.

Lastly: the more I see of Josh Henderson, the more I like him as John Ross. Conversely, Jesse Metcalfe annoys me more and more as Christopher, but I think that's more because of his acting and my own personal tastes regarding individual performances (long honed and at times painfully so these last two years whilst reviewing casting auditions for the show I work on.)

Still, it's great to be in the world where DALLAS is back and I will eagerly await next week's episode!

doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote