View Single Post
Old January 30 2013, 11:46 PM   #1788
Worf'sParmach
Commander

Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

(This is a re-watch thread, do we need to spoiler tag? If that's the case then beware, my post is one big spoiler)

I never thought about the fact the the final arc was romance heavy, but it really was.

I think Ezri-Worf needed to be addressed. They probably stretched it out longer than was necessary in the arc, but the two of them needed to get the "weirdness" of their situation out of their system so they could move on.

I gotta say, I am not at all a fan of the Sisko kid. The marriage thing made sense, it showed how he'd have to choose between being his own person or being "Of Bajor." But throwing the baby in there too? No thanks. A little too much melodrama for my taste.

Kira and Odo needed resolution as well. I was never a fan of that pairing anyway, I thought their relationship was much more interesting when it was unrequited love, Odo pining for a solid from a far. I think his final episode departure would have been more powerful if that was the moment he told her that he loved her all along, but that he had to go be with his people.

I liked Ezri and Bashir. Not too overdone, just enough for you to feel like she was moving on with her life as Dax and that Julian was finally getting the girl.

And the whole Winn-Dukat thing... I don't even know what to say about that