View Single Post
Old January 30 2013, 03:23 PM   #269
maclaus
Another bloomin' Christmas

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to maclaus
Re: What are you reading?

Emher wrote: View Post
George R.R. Martin's "A Game of Thrones". Haven't read any of them and I'm eagerly awaiting the 3rd season.
I haven't watched any of the series, but I'm halfway through the fourth book on the Kindle now. I've taken an occasional week-long break from the books, but overall I'm enjoying them. I love to lose myself in historical fantasy novels.

Also on the bedside table is Bully for Brontosaurus by Steven Jay Gould. An old anthropology professor had Gould's Ever Since Darwin as mandatory reading, and I've been a Gould fan ever since. I don't read his books in one go, but read an essay or two when the mood hits.

Over the past few days I've also read the two DS9 books The Left Hand of Destiny by J.G. Hertzler and Jeffrey Lang, Hertzler being the actor who played Martok (should I admit I didn't recognise the name when I purchased the books? Probably not ). I've enjoyed them. The story wasn't brilliant, but the characterisations were good, the writing style flowed, and it was good for a few laughs as well. Definitely books I'm keeping to reread.

High-quality, beautiful hand knit items in support of charity available at Neighbourworks - Close Knit Style. Check it out!
maclaus is offline   Reply With Quote