View Single Post
Old January 30 2013, 01:58 PM   #80
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Kerbal Space Program

sojourner wrote: View Post
I hear they are moving to Unity 4 for the game engine, so we should see some performance improvements. Which means bigger ships!
And the move to Unity 4 should be coming in 0.18.3, which will be out in the next few weeks. I might be able to visit my space station again without risking my computer melting.

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
I so need to get this game. It's sounding better and better the more I hear about it.
It's definitely the game I'm most excited for right now. It still needs a lot of work, but the team developing it seem to be moving in the right direction, and it's unlike any other game being developed right now (that I know of). Besides, there's something very relaxing about watching a satellite fly in a low orbit across the surface of another world.

I completed my mission to land a probe on every body in the system a few weeks ago, but that wore me out a bit and I haven't played it since then. Tylo was definitely the greatest challenge, it's high gravity and no atmosphere meant I had to have a stage dedicated to killing its orbital velocity, followed by a sky-crane that landed the probe then flew away to crash. Pol was the most fun landing, I landed on a 30 slope, managed to stay upright, and then spent the next two minutes uncontrollably skidding down the hill.