View Single Post
Old January 30 2013, 01:21 AM   #546
panthers34343
Ensign

Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

DarthTom wrote: View Post
This article on CNN I think pretty much sums up all of the angst about this. Has anyone monitored popular Wars posting sites? I bet they are going nuts as well. LOL

CNN

"In the annals of geek history, there's always been the argument: Which one is better, 'Star Wars' or 'Star Trek'? And until this point, we've never had a director sit down and do both of them," he says. "This is the first time, where we will literally have somebody who's played both sides of the field, and I think a lot of nerds and geeks are a little bit terrified of that."
JJ Abrams as the common denominator? NO thank you. The guy made technically made a Star Trek movie (with the title and characters whatever) but he didn't really make a real Star Trek movie. It didn't have a soul. As he himself said he made a Star Trek movie that he himself would want to watch, not something based on the appeal of the previous series.

The guy even admited he was at heart a Star Wars fan, and the theater is essentially Star Wars' homefield so the whole premise is deeply biased in favor of Star Wars.
panthers34343 is offline   Reply With Quote