View Single Post
Old January 29 2013, 10:40 PM   #14
Dale Sams
Captain

Re: How long does it take to traverse the UFP?

SicOne wrote: View Post
Mysterion wrote: View Post
Finn wrote: View Post

I agree with all who said that it depends on the plot. However, I was always under the impression Earth and the other core worlds were relatively close to the Romulan Neutral Zone compared to a good chunk of the UFP. It would make sense given there was a conflict with the Romulans 200 years before Picard's time.
I agree. this has always made sense to me. Wasn't there a comment in Balance of Terror about the Romulan's lacking warp drive back during the war? Been awhile since I've seen the episode, but that seems to have been there. In any case, Sol and the Romulan home-star must be reletively close to each other as well as, by extension, Vulcan.

I would also think that the Klingon sphere of influence can't be too terribly far off either, thus the high degree of conflict.
Doesn't the Enterprise series show the Romulans to have warp drive? The Romulans would have lost, like, big-time if they didn't have warp drive while trying to conduct an interstellar war. Even if Romulus was the star-next-door, it would still take years.
Well we've got:

Balance of Terror

Whatever they showed on Enterprise

Picard's statement to Max Headroom implying that the Romulans getting Warp Drive was an event that occured after humans were acquainted with Romulans.

The fact that Romulans warp drive runs on forced singularities. I throw this in cause maybe it will help someone fanwank everything together.
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote