View Single Post
Old January 29 2013, 10:12 PM   #69
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: NBA 2012-13 Discussion

Neroon wrote: View Post
Rajon Rondo is out for the season with an ACL tear...... Hate to say it but that may have been the Celtics' season right there.
This is a disaster for the Celts and as much as I despise all things green, I feel for them. Rondo was the heart and soul of that team. He was their engine. They might make the playoffs based on the weakness of the East and fumes, but I don't expect them to get out of the first round unless they can get into the 6th or at least the 7th spot.

It shoulda been Pierce.

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
If the Thunder don't win the championship it won't be for lack of James Harden. Looks like the Lakers may have finally gotten their crap together, but is it too late? There's zero room for error.
Rarely is one player the sole reason for any team losing (or winning) a playoff series be it by his presence or absence. That's not what I am saying.

What I am saying is that we won't know the full impact of not having a player of Harden's caliber until the playoffs.

As for your comment about the Lakers, -- agree generally, but looks can be deceiving. We start a 7 game road trip tomorrow.