Thread: Going Veggie
View Single Post
Old January 29 2013, 04:44 PM   #244
Re: Going Veggie

J. Allen wrote: View Post
thestrangequark wrote: View Post
Would it be totally un-kosher of me to share a pescetarian recipe I came up with? It's just I'm doing a great job at sticking to my J Allen-inspired goal of stepping outside my cooking comfort-zone to learn more about cooking and to get more variety in my diabetes-friendly diet. Today I made up a coconut shrimp recipe that was fast, easy, and SOOOOOOO good!
It would be welcome!
It was SO easy and SO yummy! I did spicy coconut shrimp. Sauteed 1 sweet onion, 1 red bell pepper, 1 yellow bell pepper, 2 jalapeno peppers, and string beans in olive oil. When they were cooked through I added the shrimp and a dash of salt. Then, 1 can of coconut milk. Cooked about 5 minutes until the shrimp was pink, and done! Topped with coconut flakes and it was AMAZING! I'm practically drooling thinking about the leftovers in the fridge!

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
Bajillions of asians don't seem affected by this.
How do you know, though? Maybe that's why they're so tiny.

In all serious, though, it's not going to suddenly turn men into women, but it has been shown to cause things like gynecomastia, lowered sex drive, etc.
Anything is bad for you in too high a dose. Having a bit of soy each day's not going to do anything. Eating nothing but soy in huge quantities probably won't do you much good.

The Enterprise is my TARDIS.
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote