View Single Post
Old January 29 2013, 06:44 AM   #2047
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
If it made many figures easier to find I can't say that would be the worst development for the collecting world.
Well, the only thing about going "the direct market," is that stuff usually isn't easier to find as they tend to have smaller production runs--which means much quicker (if not sometimes instant) sell outs of the more popular stuff and their subsequent reapperance on eBay with substantially jacked up prices.
I guess I've been spoiled by the decent selection at my friend's shop here in town. I sometimes forget that a lot of comic, toy and specialty shops have terrible inventory and don't offer local collectors much variety, so I don't naturally wish for a decline in mass retail marketing of action figures....it's so much easier to walk into a Walmart, Kmart, Target or TRU and grab a package off a peg wall or shelf, pay ten dollars and walk out than order online and wait an extended amount of time or hope the local toy shop has the newer stuff.

A lot of us here just got really perturbed by horrible distribution last year and even in 2011 and it doesn't take a collector very long to gripe or even reach a breaking point with mass, big box retail.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote