View Single Post
Old January 29 2013, 03:13 AM   #40
Christopher
Writer

Re: Sci-Fi TV Shows that you're pretty sure only you watched.

Dale Sams wrote: View Post
I was trying to think of *any* sci-fi or horror shows from 75-80 that lasted more than one season. Without doing a through investigation, Buck Rogers was all I could think of.
The Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman, Wonder Woman, The Incredible Hulk, Spider-Man, Space: 1999, Mork and Mindy, Jason of Star Command, Project UFO, Salvage 1, and in England, Sapphire and Steel and two Terry Nation series, Blake's 7 and Survivors.

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
In my experience, no show is so obscure that it doesn't have some sort of fan following. Once, just to be polite, I made the mistake of signing a petition to bring back the short-lived STARMAN tv series and found myself on a STARMAN mailing list for years thereafter . . . .
Starman was a wonderful show. It's a shame it didn't catch on. Trivia: its lead actors, Robert Hays and Christopher Daniel Barnes, went on to play Iron Man and Spider-Man, respectively, in '90s animation, and had a reunion of sorts when Iron Man appeared on Spidey's show.

trekkiedane wrote: View Post
Moonbase 3 - Fantastic British SciFi series! - Well, fantastic is just the thing it wasn't; instead it was realistic -probably that's why it didn't last more than one series back in 1973.
I saw that once -- it was pretty interesting, a nice, grounded hard-SF drama from Doctor Who's Barry Letts and Terrance Dicks.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote