View Single Post
Old January 29 2013, 12:59 AM   #28
Christopher
Writer

Re: Sci-Fi TV Shows that you're pretty sure only you watched.

Chris3123 wrote: View Post
Oh, I just thought of another one that I never saw much talk about: Time Trax.
Yeah, that's one I've thought it would be nice to revisit (if for no other reason that that it featured the magnificent Mia Sara in a recurring role), but unfortunately it's not available on Netflix. Although apparently the first season set is available for manufacture-on-demand purchase.

BTW, I can't recall if you've ever mentioned it, but do you know Peter David?
I've attended several Shore Leave conventions with him and we've been on some panels together, and at the most recent one I sat across from him at the writers' brunch on Sunday morning. So we're acquainted and have had some conversations. Nothing more than that, really.

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
I like campy stuff, too, and will defend Cleopatra 2525 to the day I die, but Black Scorpion just fell flat for me. It was a bad, lead-footed attempt at a campy guilty pleasure.
I think Cleo 2525's first season of half-hour episodes is very flawed -- these supposed resistance fighters or whatever seemed to spend most of their time hanging out at parties -- but the hourlong second season finally lived up to the potential the show had all along. Too bad the rushed, forced series finale was so weak -- and came so soon.

I don't think I was able to get past the first few minutes of Black Scorpion.

Almost as bad: the short-lived CONAN THE BARBARIAN live-action series.
I vaguely remember that. I didn't think it was that bad. Not particularly good, but watchable.

Meanwhile, I actually thought RELIC HUNTER was more fun than the "official" TOMB RAIDER movies. The show had a nice sense of humor, never took itself too seriously, and was utterly shameless when it came to finding "plausible" excuses for Tia Carrere to take her clothes off.

"Oh my! The lost temple is buried under a nudist colony!"

That's sheer genius, I tell you . . . .
Hmm, I'm starting to regret not having watched that show. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be on Netflix.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote