View Single Post
Old January 28 2013, 11:57 PM   #419
the G-man
Commodore

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
In terms of the way that the term reboot is defined in terms of serialized fiction...

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
^ Not in serialized fiction; the term reboot, when used in that context and medium, means to discard and start over.
Then I guess it was a good thing that I put the term "reboot" in quotes, to indicate that I was using the term loosely in a time travel context and not in the sense that you define it.

Singer also just went on record stating that he is not ignoring any of the existing stories with DoFP, although both First Class and The Wolverine appear to have already ignored Origins: Wolverine, so we'll have to see what happens with DoFP for sure.
Which sounds not that dissimilar from what I posited:

the G-man wrote: View Post
From what I've read, and I'm probably not the first to make this guess, but I think the producers are going to use the time travel/ripple effect concept to "reboot" the franchise and "fix" some of the continuity, not to mention undo at least some of what happened in X3.
In other words, all the films will still "exist" and be tied together but the time travel will change some things going forward and perhaps retroactively (some of the continuity differences between films and the spin offs).
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote