View Single Post
Old January 28 2013, 08:42 PM   #1746
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Re: Does It Get Better???

AdmiralScreed wrote: View Post
Repression: Interesting premise, but poor execution. What was the Bajoran mind control dude trying to accomplish? Maybe I missed something, but it was never very clear to me. And how did he transmit his message to Tuvok through Starfleet? You'd think Starfleet security would have caught that. And how was he able to communicate with Tuvok from 35,000 light years (?) away? The prophets? I don't quite understand that either. Too many questions, and not enough answers. I did like the dark atmosphere and the mystery of this episode, but at a certain point it was pretty obvious that Tuvok was the culprit. It was also nice to see some Starfleet/Maquis conflict again, even if mind control was the entire reason for it.
4 or 5/ 10, trying to decide still.

EDIT: Since Melakon suggested I announce the episodes prior to my reviews, Critical Care is next!
Yeah, I thought this one was really bad too.

AdmiralScreed wrote: View Post
Okay, there'll be two episode reviews instead of one, actually.

Critical Care: A serious episode with intriguing ethical dilemmas. Not sure if I'd have gone as far as the Doctor went, but it can be argued that the ends justified the means. Memorable guest characters too, especially Chellick.
7/10

Inside Man: Another spectacular TNG crossover. So much to enjoy about this one; seeing the Ferengi again, another Barclay and Troi team up, the great sense of continuity...some of the scenes with the hologram Barclay were unnecessary, so I take one point off for that. Otherwise I thought this was a terrific episode! The final stretch of the show has been great so far!
9/10
Critical Care is one of my favorites!

I don't like any of the TNG crossover eps.
I was a desperate attempt to boost ratings(which I can understand the reasons) but I hate the fact they had to bring in TNG characters for that when you have really good characters like Tuvok, Neelix or Chakotay that could have used more screen time & development. I would have rather have seen them use the time to wrap up the loose ends with Maquis members, rather than have to devote time to annoying characters like Barclay & Troi again.