View Single Post
Old January 28 2013, 07:40 PM   #146
royalfan5
Fleet Captain

Re: jj abrams not in 3rd star trek movie

Franklin wrote: View Post
CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
My ultimate hope is this whole escapade is the extra leverage Paramount needs to convince CBS to get a series going.

As I previously said in one of these threads, we are in an era where television has surpassed film in scope, depth, and all-around quality of storytelling, and there is no Star Trek show on the airwaves. I think that's a real shame.

I think it's the perfect time to go back, and this might be just the kick in the rear TPTB needed.
I agree with what you say about the much higher quality of the production values of many TV series in recent years, but for what it's worth, I've honestly gotten to the point where I have little or no interest in a new Trek TV series, any more. At least not just any Trek TV series. A very high quality, well-funded, and well-cast attempt to bring Kirk et al back to TV might cause my eyebrow to rise.
Honestly at this point, I'd be more interested in a Trek series that aired on Showtime instead of over the air channels. I think that might allow them push things a little more.