View Single Post
Old January 28 2013, 04:56 PM   #28
Lord Prancer The 5th
Rear Admiral

Location: Mach5 doesn't like sand. It's coarse and irritating, and it gets everywhere.
Re: Billingsley: Enterprise Gray Areas

Gaith wrote: View Post
I tend to agree, and I'm not saying the Vatican should be portrayed as still having a large influence in Archer's time, but I do think there could be room for some sort of clerical voice in a hypothetical episode dealing with discussion of the Valakian situation on Earth, even if it were a minor voice.
My take - organizations such as the Roman Chatolic Church are still there in the early days of UFP, but society is strictly secular, and so are the moral, ethical and family values. In other words, Church is a place of worship, and nothing more.

This subject is a bit touchy for me ATM, because the Catholic Church wages an all-out war on secularism in my country right now. Some clerics have even indirectly called for violent action against "the infidels", I shit you not.

sonak wrote:
true, but he was kind of a maverick Vulcan
Sybok was a psychopath, and that abomination of a movie isn't canon. :P