View Single Post
Old January 28 2013, 02:49 PM   #19
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Re: Last Resort Series Finale Discussion *Spoilers Possible*

degra wrote: View Post
C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
IMO, Last Resort should have just been a 4-hour miniseries. The more the situation dragged out, the worse it became.
I gave up on it 4 episodes in,,,I wasn't about to get fooled into another high concept series that starts out with a very limited premise that the writers try to drag out so it can be a multiple season show. It ends up watering it down and frustrating viewers in the process,,,that's assuming the show is solid to begin with,,,which last resort most definitely wasn't.

if you are going down that road then commit to the notion it is just a mini series.a lot of tv now is really just limited premise mini series pretending to be shows with legs,,,deception, the mediocre new series the following, revenge, the killing, last resort, the upcoming ABC drama zero hour, last years Alcatraz, etc.
Yeah, I dropped it after 2 or 3 episodes because things were already ridiculous and I couldn't care about most of the cast. If it had been a miniseries that was tightly focused around the whole issue of the morality of the order to fire on Pakistan and the conspiracy in the US, then it might have done better.