View Single Post
Old January 28 2013, 07:38 AM   #42
JD
Admiral

Re: Ant-Man and Dr. Strange part of Marvel Cinematic Universe phase 3

KeepOnTrekking wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
So, what characters do want to see? Clea and Wong are non-brainers, along with the Ancient One.

As for the villains, the big question: do you go straight to Dormammu right away, or do you tease him a bit by bringing in Mordo or Umar first? Or do you go with Nightmare instead?

Thoughts?

I'd probably start with an origin story of Dr. Strange and develop the characters which would mean going with Mordo by default. Strange's initial disbelief of magic and his rivalry with Mordo. His discipleship with the Ancient One and later as his "father figure".

The second movie, I'd go with Dormammu and introduce Clea. This time go with more sfx with Dormammu and the Dark Dimension. ...
That does seem to be the trend now, to start with a lesser villain and save the big one for movie two or three. I could see them using Mordo as the villain for one and then doing a post-credits scene that hints at Dormammu as a set up for movie two.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote